AquaDams combines three or more polyethylene or woven geo-tech tubes and any available water supply. The two ‘inner’ tubes, contained by an outer ‘master’ tube, are pumped full of water simultaneously. Counter friction between the master and inner tubes results in a stable, non-rolling ‘wall’ or aqua barrier of contained water, which adjusts automatically to bottom terrain as the AquaDam® deploys. Within minutes, an impervious wall of solid AquaDams is formed.
- Water diversions and aqua barriers during pipeline installation in and around rivers or standing water, ideal for crossings involving large diameter pipelines
- Water containment during repairs on bridges, sewage systems and power plants
- Easy, rapidly deployed to form an aqua barrier and flood control
- Erosion control through diversion or containment of flowing water
- Temporary reservoirs for water storage
- Temporary cofferdams for containment of spilled materials and for creating watertight enclosures for repairs and exposing the bottom of a body of water
- Silt containment and sediment collection
- Fast, effective relief for tougher applications such as mudslides and hazardous waste control
- An ideal choice for preventing the overtopping of levees, which is the number one cause of levee failure
On-site requirements for AquaDam® installation include a portable pump and the usually abundant local water supply. This makes AquaDam® ideal for water control projects such as stream or lake bed construction diversions, aqua barriers, cofferdams, and environmental pollution confinement and silt control.
The manufacturer usually installs AquaDams as site conditions can vary from job to job. Please call our office to discuss your project needs.