This guide will help first responders:
- identify hazards based on the material involved in a transportation incident
- protect themselves and the public during the initial response to an incident
This guide is designed for dangerous goods incidents on a highway or rail line. It may be less useful at fixed-facility locations, on aircraft or vessels.
This guide does not:
- include information on the physical or chemical properties of dangerous goods
- replace emergency response training, knowledge, and good judgment
- address every possible factor related to a dangerous goods incident
Take the time to read the guidebook before using it in an emergency!
Part #ERG – 2020 Emergency Response Guide, Pocket Size, Softbound, English