The Model 82 utilizes a continuous belt and wiper to remove up to 40 gallons of oil per hour from the fluid surface. The belt, operating on a motor and pulley system, runs through contaminated liquid to pick up oil from the surface. After traveling over the head pulley, the belt passes through tandem wiper blades where oil is scraped off both sides of the belt and discharged. The tail pulley has flanges which allow it to roll freely on the inside of the belt without becoming dislodged. It requires no bearings and does not need to be fastened to the tank. If turbulent conditions exist, an optional tether and cage assembly prevents the tail pulley from being dislodged.
Oil skimming makes use of the differences in specific gravity between oil and water. These physical characteristics allow the belt to attract oil and other hydrocarbon liquids from the surface of the fluid. The Model 82 can be used in tanks with depths as shallow as one foot, or as deep as 100 feet.
The Abanaki Oil Grabber Model 8 Oil Skimmer is the most widely used Abanaki® skimmer. Its size and removal capacity make it suitable for many industrial applications. From a mere sheen on top of water to a heavy oil slick, the Model 8 performs efficiently, removing up to 40 gallons (150 litres) of free-floating oil per hour. The Model 8 can be used in tanks with depths as shallow as one foot, or where the distance from the mounting platform to the water surface is as deep as 100 feet (30 metres) or more. Many available options include: built-in programmable 24/hr timer, on/off float switch, oil concentrator, floor mounted support stand, heat, etc.
• Hydro Electric power plants
• Wastewater sumps
• Parts washers
• Coolant systems
• Heat treating fluids
• Food processing plants
• Parking lots, garages, and service facilities
• Outdoor ponds, lakes, and basins
• Underground tanks
• Aircraft service areas and tarmac runoff
• Mining, locomotive, public transit, truck and other equipment washing and repair facilities
The Model 82 Advantages:
• A single unit elevates and separates oil
• Lifts oil any distance without the need of expensive pumps
• Maintains skimming efficiency with fluctuating fluid level
• Can be used in depths as shallow as one foot, or as deep as 100 feet
• Requires no tank modifications in most applications
• Operates in turbulent liquid using optional tail pulley cage and tether assembly
• Easy mounting and fast cleaning, with minimal maintenance
Please contact our office for assistance in meeting your specifications.